There is plenty of advice out there about resumes. And, some of it contradicts. Some people recommend creating a visual resume that stands out. Some say that your resume should be primarily text.
It all matters in different situations.
Let us focus on grad school internships for now. If you are applying for grad school, then look at my earlier post (includes a free template to download). Ok, so internships are about relevant projects and primarily your work experience. That is what you need to highlight.
Instead of generic gyaan, I am critiquing three real resumes to better understand what kind of mistakes to avoid. You will have to watch the video for that, don’t worry its pretty short.
Key things to remember
- Most of the space should be used on relevant professional experience.
- Don’t forget to mention the projects and coursework you are currently taking in school.
- Don’t forget to mention your LinkedIn profile (and make sure its up to date).
- Use the keywords mentioned in the job description.
- Keep the formatting (font sizes and spacing) readable.
There you go, I will do few more videos on resume soon. Stay tuned and don’t forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel.
We have received our latest admit to Harvard Data Science and we are celebrating! Join us to land at your dream school.
No comment yet, add your voice below!