Guidance and tips for everything. Four reviews.
The guided counseling package in which we offer solid getting started strategy and 4 reviews of SOP and LORs. This is the result of distilling experiences of several successful students who have graduated from Top10 Engineering Schools in USA.
“How do I start writing my SOP?”
“I don’t think I can get into Stanford.”
“How do I get good LORs?”
You know what you want to study and where you want to work but need a detailed help in putting up a strong application. That’s why we created this package.
Want to study abroad and build a solid career? Come, work with us.
What you’ll get?
When you join this package, you’ll get-
- A specific strategy for “leveraging” your strengths to make your application stronger — even if you think you have a weak profile.
- 4 detailed reviews of your SOP and LORs with suggestions for improvement. We do NOT give you SOP templates that make you look like thousand other applicants.
- Review of you school list and your chances of acceptance at those schools.
- Access to our exclusive members only Facebook group.
What it does NOT include?
There is no phone or 1-on-1 interaction in this package. If you are totally confused about which program to apply for or are switching branches, we recommend you go for Personal/Mastermind package which include phone brainstorming.
How does it work?
- You enroll.
- You will be instructed on how to share your SOP, LORs and school list on email.
- You will be instructed on how to create the first drafts of your SOP and other documents on email.
- Your SOP (same for LORs) will be reviewed in detail and comments will be provided for you to act on. Being engineers ourselves, we review not just the language but strategic content. Our students swear by our SOP reviews!
- You make the changes and resubmit the SOP for up to 4 reviews.
- We will leave comments on your school list about whether it is worth applying to that school or not and rate your chances of acceptance. This helps you in applying to a balanced list of schools.
- At the end, you have a much better SOP in your hand and a better school list.
Nistha has been guiding students since 2013. Our results speak for us – we have had admits into MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, UIUC, CMU and most of the top universities (despite our clients not being from IITs). Nistha understands what Admission Committee is looking for and can help you get into the best schools possible with your profile. We like to underpromise and overdeliver.
However, if you are looking for spoon-feeding or somebody writing SOP for you, we are not a good fit. We do not give you readymade school lists or SOP templates.
We are confident that our counseling is better than any local counselor. But if expense is your concern, you can look at our HIGH LEVEL ADVICE only package that proves to be a valuable resource to be used alongside other counselors. Your counselor might be good but he probably never studied abroad himself, so he can miss out on some critical tips and guidance that only we (or anyone who has gone through the process herself) can offer.
Oh, where do we start. We help you with things like:
- Structure and proportion of different sections
- Whether you are doing justice to your experience or not
- Add tips on how to improve a part (we can talk the engineering language very well!)
- Help shortening by highlighting what’s important and what not
NO. We do NOT write anything for anyone. You write and we review. It is your unique language and story in the end. That is what makes this so good. If we started writing for everyone, imagine many people submitting same kind of SOPs! – you do not want that. Even if you end up working with any other counselor, do NOT let anyone else write your SOP.
We work everywhere, we work online 🙂 We have clients in India, Middle East and South Asia. So, your physical location does NOT matter. The whole counseling is conducted over as many phone calls, video chats, emails and text messages as it takes! By saving on physical logistics, we pass on our cost benefits to you by charging much lower than your local counselors.
Some schools and programs ask for essays instead of or in addition to SOP. Add Rs. 3,000 (please check the latest rate on counseling page) if you wish to get other essays (apart from SOP) reviewed as well. This option is available in Comprehensive, Personal and Mastermind pckages. Other essays (up to 3) will be only reviewed once. We have found that once a student has crafted a good SOP using our tips, other essays are much easier to tackle.
We do not enroll anyone without talking to them first. And if we feel that we cannot help you, we tell you that right upfront.
Please follow the steps on our contact page and schedule a call with us. On the call, we will walk you through the process.
High level call package contains only the strategy and follow up calls. Choose Mastermind if you need help throughout your application. Mastermind includes the reviews of your SOP, LORs, and school list. Plus, you get job hunting and finding assistantships help too.
Our forte lies in career advice and application strategy, and we are not the best visa/loan counselor. For more mundane queries such as ‘what should I fill in this field of application forms’, ‘is my funding source okay’, ‘what should be the format for this LOR’ – it is best to pick the brains of fellow applicants and seniors on our Scholar Strategy facebook group which is super active and helpful (see below). You can use the group as much and as long as you want but our counselor doesn’t help with filling application forms etc.
Choose this if you need more personal brainstorming. Comprehensive package provides detailed guidance but NOT individual brainstorming for SOP, LORs and essays. There is NO personal interaction in Comprehensive package.
High Level package has NO LOR, school reviews or guidance. It has only 3 SOP reviews.
There will be no calls or personal brainstorming, only emails and reviews in this package. This package does not help you in personal advice over ‘how to craft your story’ or ‘which program to choose if you are confused between MS, MIS, MSBA etc’. This package is for those who are clear on what they are applying for and what is their story and need only detailed review of the documents.